im not a fan of teddy bears but this trip to Seoul’s teddy bear museum located at the N Seoul Tower was definitely the cutest (insert overhwelming gigil factor) among all the places we’ve been in Korea. everything was so cute and cuddly i almost brought one home (i do not know how i got hold of my control mechanims, it was a good thing though that i didnt gave in to the urge – this time).
anyhow i will not make this long, photo overload should follow immediately. details at the bottom of this page.
the museum has two areas, one depicts the historic korea under the Joseon Dynasty and the second area is all about the modern, contemporary Korea (i must say Koreans really revere their culture, a trip to Seoul si like 70% culture and 30% shopping lol).
OLD KOREA – JOSEON DYNASTY
OLD TEDDY BEAR COLLECTION (dated as early as 1902)
creepy ng slight lol
the teddy bear museum is located at the N Seoul Tower observatory, so usually tourist go for the package rate of 14,000 KWon or (560P) this both for the museum and the observatory already.
museum and tower opens from 10am to 10pm 7 days a week.
1. Intracity Bus
– Get off at Namsan Library and walk 15~20 minutes. Take Bus No. 0014 or 402 at Seoul Station (Subway Line No. 1, Exit #4)
2. Taxi: Take a taxi from in front of Exit #6 of Dongguk University Subway Station, Line No. 3. (15-minute ride)
3. On foot: Walk 30 minutes from Exit #3 of Myeong-dong Subway Station or walk 40 minutes from Namdaemun Market Subway Station, both located on Line No. 4
4. Belt-line Bus (Yellow Bus No. 2)
– Get on the bus in front of Daehan Cinema at Exit #1 of Chungmuro Subway Station (Line No. 3 and 4), or Exit #6 of Dongdae Ipgu Subway Station (Line No. 3)
– 5-8 minute intervals
– Hours: 8a.m.-midnight
– Fee: Cash 550 won, Transportation Card 500 won (Transfer possible)
5. Cable Car
At Exit #3 of Myeong-dong Subway Station, Line No. 4, walk toward Pacific Hotel and then walk 10 minutes to the Namsan Cable Car.
Running hours: 10:00~23:00
Fees: Ages 14 and over (Round-trip ￦7,500 / One-way ￦6,000), Ages 7 to 13 (Round-trip ticket ￦5,000 / One-way ￦3,500)